Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Indulge yourself even if you are watching the calories; only 170 per serving.
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat unsweetened yogurt
- 1 ounce confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons low-fat drinking cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
- 2 medium egg whites
- 4 chocolate cake decorations
- kiwi fruits or oranges or bananas or strawberries or raspberries
- Combine the ricotta cheese and low-fat yogurt in a mixing bowl. Sift in the confectioner's sugar, chocolate powder, and cocoa powder. Mix until combined. Add vanilla extract and rum, if using.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Using a metal spoon fold in the egg whites into the ricotta, yogurt and chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into 4 small china dessert pots and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Decorate each cheese pot with chocolate cake decoration. Serve with an assortment of fresh fruit.
nice low fat and yummy dessert. Made this last week when i wasn't feeling well and it was my lunch and dinner..great for a sore throat lol, the adult version of ice cream :)