Source: Land O'Lakes "Chocolate, caramel and almonds create a rich, shortbread candy-like cookie."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1Heat oven to 325°F
- 2Line 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, extending over edges 1 inch.
- 3Combine butter, powdered sugar and brown sugar in large bowl.
- 4Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- 5Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until well mixed.
- 6Press dough into prepared pan; prick with fork every 1/2 inch.
- 7Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 8Lift cookies from pan using aluminum foil ends.
- 9Place on cutting board.
- 10Immediately cut into 30 (2 3/4x3/4-inch) pieces.
- 11Place caramel topping in small saucepan.
- 12Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until caramel has slightly thickened (2 to 3 minutes).
- 13Remove from heat; drizzle caramel over cookies.
- 14Sprinkle with almonds.
- 15Cool to lukewarm; carefully separate.
- 16Cool completely.
- 17Melt chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM (50% power) until softened (1 to 1 1/2 minutes).
- 18Stir until smooth.
- 19Drizzle over cooled cookies.
- 20Let stand until set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.2 mg
- Sodium 63.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g