Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
Source: Land O'Lakes "Chocolate, caramel and almonds create a rich, shortbread candy-like cookie."
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325°F
- Line 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, extending over edges 1 inch.
- Combine butter, powdered sugar and brown sugar in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until well mixed.
- Press dough into prepared pan; prick with fork every 1/2 inch.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Lift cookies from pan using aluminum foil ends.
- Place on cutting board.
- Immediately cut into 30 (2 3/4x3/4-inch) pieces.
- Place caramel topping in small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until caramel has slightly thickened (2 to 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat; drizzle caramel over cookies.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Cool to lukewarm; carefully separate.
- Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM (50% power) until softened (1 to 1 1/2 minutes).
- Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies.
- Let stand until set.