Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mom made these for dad for Valentine's Day. He really liked them. From Gooseberry Patch Celebrate Spring.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached flour, sifted
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add melted butter, brown sugar, and coffee powder to a mixing bowl; blend well.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt; stir to combine.
- Add in flour, cocoa powder, and coffee; stir to combine.
- Fold in nuts and chips.
- Pour batter into a 13x9 inch pan.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool, then cut into squares.
These have great flavor but the texture was a bit dry. I might try a smaller pan next time. I left out the walnuts. Tasted great with cappuccino ice cream and my Kahlua Fudge Sauce #130571 (a mocha-lover's heaven!) Thanks NurseDi :)