Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Mom made these for dad for Valentine's Day. He really liked them. From Gooseberry Patch Celebrate Spring.
Top Review by flower7
These have great flavor but the texture was a bit dry. I might try a smaller pan next time. I left out the walnuts. Tasted great with cappuccino ice cream and my Kahlua Fudge Sauce #130571 (a mocha-lover's heaven!) Thanks NurseDi :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached flour, sifted
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Add melted butter, brown sugar, and coffee powder to a mixing bowl; blend well.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt; stir to combine.
- Add in flour, cocoa powder, and coffee; stir to combine.
- Fold in nuts and chips.
- Pour batter into a 13x9 inch pan.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool, then cut into squares.