Recipe by Debbie R.
This from "Cuisines of Portuguese Encounters", in which the author gives recipes she had during travelling thru Portugal and its former colonies. This is a Brazilian recipe, named for a famous Brazilian Air Force Commander in the 1940's. He was a chocoholic. Often served at birthday parties and other festivities. I haven't made it yet.
Top Review by ssej1078_1251510
i love these..my mom makes them every year for christmas.. i am making these as we speak cause i am craving these addictive lil chocolate balls from heaven!!! I will try to take a pic.. the only thing i did different is omitted the salt, cause momma never added it... they are the BEST everyone must try!!!!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium pan, combine milk and cocoa powder. Cook over low, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan, about 20 minutes. Add butter and salt. Mix thoroughly before removing from heat.
- When mixture is cool, rub hands with butter and shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in chocolate sprinkles. Place in mini paper cupcake forms.
- Store in fridge until served.