1/2 Photos of Chocolate Blocks With Fruits and Nuts
A very versatile and handy candy treat! Use a chocolate you enjoy because it is center stage in this recipe. Vary the dried fruits and nuts to reflect your personal taste. Stolen from Orangette.blogspot.com (go there now, you won't regret it if you are a foodie who loves good writing!) stolen/modified from Gourmet Feb. 2003
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In the top of a double boiler or a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- 2While the chocolate is melting, line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the foil with vegetable oil.
- 3When the chocolate is melted, remove it from the heat, and stir in the fruit and nuts. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, and spread it evenly with the back of a spoon or rubber spatula. Place the pan in the refrigerator, and chill for about an hour, or until the chocolate is firm. If it is too chilled you will have trouble cutting it.
- 4Use the foil overhang to lift the chilled chocolate mixture from the pan, and place it on a cutting board. Peel back the foil, and cut the chocolate into whatever size you desire.
- 5Note: These candies keep in the refrigerator, sealed in an airtight container with foil between the layers, for up to two weeks.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Blocks With Fruits and Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.3
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g