Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe I wanted to keep from Good Taste.
- 4 medium firm bananas, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 70 g firmly packed brown sugar (1/3 cup)
- 1 sheet frozen pre-made puff pastry, just thawed (25x25cm)
- cadbury hot fudge, to serve
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Brush the bananas with lemon juice.
- Place the sugar on a plate.
- Add the bananas and roll to evenly coat.
- Reserve remaining lemon juice and sugar.
- Cut the pastry into quarters.
- Wrap each banana in 1 piece of pastry and place on the lined tray.
- Bake in oven for 15mins or until pastry is golden.
- Heat the sauce following packet directions.
- Divide the banana pies among serving dishes.
- Drizzle with the reserved lemon juice and sprinkle with the reserved sugar.
- Drizzle over the hot fudge sauce and serve with ice-cream.
I made these up for a decadent breakfast for the teens which, of course, they all loved...I'm so cool in their eyes, lol. Made for the Aussie/NZ RS#31.
A REALLY NICE DESSERT for us last night. Had the gang over for the Super Bowl, doubled the recipe and I could not believe how easy this was. I closed the ends as the previous reviewer suggested. An absolutelt easy, no problem tasty dessert. Made for recipe swap#25.
WOW, this is soooooooo delicious! The bananas were soft and sweet and with the pastry..ooh..and to top it off, it's very quick and easy to make! Imagine, just brush the bananas, put sugar and then roll with the puff pastry then bake! That's it, then the rest is just for garnish. Amazing! I even closed it (nearly) as CarolAT suggested. Excellent! Thanks, Sonya01!