Recipe by Magpie 025
A variation on the rum balls without the rum! Kids (& adults) will love them. I have made this recipe since I was a little girl and they are still a family favourite. Great for picnics, parties and even Christmas - and as gifts. The recipe is easy to make double batches for larger crowds!
- 1 (250 g) packet Marie biscuits (if you use the whole biscuit pkt you may need a little more condensed milk, otherwise take out 2 or ) or 1 (250 g) packetother biscuits (if you use the whole biscuit pkt you may need a little more condensed milk, otherwise take out 2 or )
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 (395 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the biscuits leaving a few little chunks for texture.
- Add cocoa, coconut and mix well.
- Add condensed milk trying to wet as much of the biscuit mixture as possible.
- Mix well with a spoon - when all done you may need to use your hands to mix completely.
- Roll into small balls and if you like roll into the extra coconut. (very messy and needs to be done fairly quickly to avoid drying out).
- Can be eaten straight away or put in fridge for a little while to cool.
- Leftovers (if there are any!) must be kept in fridge because of the condensed milk.