Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
While looking for "good for you" desserts I ran across this recipe.
- 2⁄3 cup cake flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites in electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Add Splenda a little at a time on medium speed. Mix on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold in vanilla extract. Gently fold in flour mixture 2 T. at a time.
- Pour batter into 10 inch tube pan. Bake for 35 minute Let pan cool upside down.
- In small bowl combine strawberries, yogurt, and honey. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When cake has cooled, cut into 8 equal pieces. Divide strawberry mixture evenly on top of cake pieces.