Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A soft biscuit which freezes well.
Make and share this Chocolate and Orange Marmalade Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 110 g butter
- 55 g light brown sugar
- 1 large orange, zest of, grated
- 225 g chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarse cut orange marmalade
- 170 g self raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
- Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the orange zest.
- Melt 140 g of the chocolate. Do not allow it to overheat. (over boiling water or CAREFULLY in the microwave oven.).
- Add the melted chocolate to the creamed butter and sugar. Stir in the marmalade and the remaining chopped chocolate.
- Fold in the flour and mix.
- Divide into balls, arrange 5cm apart on baking sheet. Press lightly into flattish rounds.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until dry and smooth to touch. Cool on a wire rack.
Once I got past measuring everything in grams, this recipe was easy to make. I used semi-sweet chocolate and I probably should have used regular sweet chocolate. I also added 2 teaspoons of frozen orange juice concentrate, based on the past reviewer's note. You can taste the chocolate and the orange flavors. These were good cookies. I will be making them again.
If I had one day left to live, I'd bake these and eat these with a glass of cold milk. VERY soft and melt-in-your-mouth, even though there wasn't much marmalade flavour. I might increase that next time - and there will DEFINITELY be a next time!!!! Thanks for the most delicious cookie recipe I've ever made!!!!