Top Review by FoodieFanatic
I made these spoons to put in Christmas food baskets that I am making for family members this year. They will be enjoyed in the coffee, cocoa and tea mixes I made for everyone!
- 4 ounces semisweet dark chocolate squares or 4 ounces sweet dark chocolate squares, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 20 disposable spoons
- 4 ounces vanilla flavored squares
- to taste candy coating, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine semisweet or sweet dark chocolate and whipping cream in a 1-cup liquid measuring cup.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) power 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring after 30 seconds.
- Stir in almond extract. Dip each spoon in melted chocolate covering bowl of spoon and 1/4 inch up handle;allow excess to drip off.
- Place spoons on waxed paper lined baking sheet; freeze 15 minutes or until set. Melt vanilla coating and put in heavy duty zip lock bag.
- Snip tiny hole in one corner of bag, and drizzle coating over chilled spoons.
- Leave on wax paper and store in refrigerator until ready to wrap.
- I bought Handi wrap with little X-mas trees and candy canes at a dollar store and plan to wrap about 3 together and tie with curling ribbon.
- I also guess you can substitute other extract flavors..mint, strawberry, Amaretto etc. for the almond flavoring...Happy dipping :-)