Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These were originally on the Pillsbury site but have changed them slightly.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped very fine
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 -3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 -2 tablespoon almonds, ground fine
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Grease and flour 8x4-inch or 7x3-inch loaf pan.
- In small bowl, combine flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, and ground fine pecans.
- With fork, cut in tablespoon butter till crumbly.
- Unroll dough to form 12x8-inch rectangle; firmly press perforation to seal.
- Sprinkle with 2/3 cup chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon sugar, cinnamon, Amaretto, ground fine almonds and half of the streusel mixture.
- Starting at the long side, roll up; pinch edge to seal.
- Join ends to form ring; pinch to seal.
- Gently twist ring to form figure 8; place in greased and floured pan.
- Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with remaining half of streusel.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chocolate chips; press lightly into dough.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve warm.