Prep 30 mins
Cook 19 mins
This was submitted by Aarti Bayad to the Thursday magazine and won the gift coupon for the week of August 10th-16th'06. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup nesquik cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely ground walnuts, powder
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Beat eggs, one at a time, in a bowl, until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, sieve together the flour and baking powder.
- Fold in chocolate powder, walnut powder and sugar. Mix the dry ingredients well.
- Now, slowly add this dry ingredient mixture to the beaten eggs alternating with oil and mix well to combine.
- Stir in vanilla essence and mix thoroughly till you obtain a smooth batter.
- Using a little oil, grease a microwave oven proof rectangular dish and pour the prepared cake batter into it.
- Microwave on 80 percent power for 4 minutes.
- Allow it to stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn the dish upside down to gently allow the cake to slide out. If it does not slide out easily, use a knife around the edges.
- Transfer the cake to a plate greased with a little ghee or oil.
- Slice and serve once it has cooled or you may enjoy some rightaway :).