Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a jazzed up version of a cold mocha. From Smoothies and Summer Drinks. Cooking time is time spent in the freezer.
- 28.34-35.43 g packageinstant hot chocolate powder (without marshmallows)
- 2.46 ml instant coffee crystals
- 0.59 ml dried chipotle powder
- 0.59 ml ground cinnamon
- 177.44 ml hot water
- 236.59 ml vanilla ice cream or 236.59 ml coffee ice cream or 236.59 ml chocolate ice cream
- 78.07 ml fat-free half-and-half
- whipped cream (optional)
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- In 2-cup glass measure stir together hot chocolate mix, coffee crystals, chili powder and ground cinnamon.
- Stir in hot water until combined.
- Pour into ice cube tray. Freeze until firm.
- In blender container combine chocolate ice cubes, ice cream and half-and-half. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses.
- Serve immediately topped with whipped cream and cinnamon, if desired.
Sooooo Good!!!! I love the cinnamon and spice. All I had was chocolate revel ice cream, so that added a little more chocolate flavor. Instead of making ice cubes, I poured that mixture into a shallow pan, froze it, then scraped the top every hour, making these cool ice crystals. (I saw this on the Giada De Laurentiis show). Then I mixed everything together, topped with a nice dollop of whipped cream and enjoyed ... mmmmm :)
Yummo, this is a winner, sweet, creamy & decadent with the chipotle kick on the palette. It's just enough not too much of anything, measurements are perfect, loved this!
I loved this & I am not one for frozen drinky thingies!!! I am very picky when it comes to frozen treats ( I am admittedly a hard to please Lady!!!) - BUT this ROCKS!!! It is the spice and sweet heat of the cinnamon and chipotle that "shakes" this up - loved it!!! I used a low-cal hot chocolate mix, regular half and half (sorry - that's all I had) and low fat chocolate ice cream. I had made the ice cubes a few days before the shake/slush so they were there when the mood struck for an icy treat. Love the mix of the chili spice & cinnamon with chocolate - what a rich, decadent drink!!! Made for ZWT3 on a busy weekend while DH and I are packing to move; so I ended up pouring the whole blender batch into one glass to share (not much left on our shelves!!!) - my presentation could have been so much better...I plan to make another batch in my new digs in celebration...it is that great of a treat. It gave us just the kick we needed to get back to our tasks happily - refreshed and energized!! - Loved it - Thanks cookiedog