Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
Found this in an old Woman's Day magazine many, many years ago. Can freeze.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sesame seeds, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350@. Combine seeds & coconut. Toast 7 - 10 minutes or until light brown. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda & salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl- cream oil & brown sugar, add eggs & vanilla, beating well. Add seeds & coconut, mix well. Blend in dry ingredients.
- Shape into 1" balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet & flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 350@ for 12 minutes.
Great cookies. I used canola oil. And I got at least 30 cookies. I love the taste and texture. Thanks SB6 :) made for PAC spring 2011