Nancy's Pantry's Note:
From Food Network Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- kosher salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package broccoli slaw mix
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 (5 ounce) packages shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth or 2 cups mushroom broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) package thin chinese noodles
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and broccoli slaw; cook, stirring until the noodles are al dente and the slaw is tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water; then transfer to a large bowl. Add the sesame oil and season with salt - toss.
- 2Meanwhile, spread out the tofu on a kitchen towel; lay another towel on top and press to remove as much water as possible. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a Dutch oven or large deep skillet over high heat. Add the tofu and cook, turning, until golden, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon; season with salt.
- 3Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in the pot. Add the scallions and ginger; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add the shitakes; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add the broth, soy sauce and tofu; season with pepper. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half, 3-4 minutes.
- 4Whisk 3 tablespoons water and the cornstarch in a bowl; add to the pot and cook, stirring until thickened. Add the noodles and toss to coat.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Noodle-Vegetable Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.6
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 774.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth