Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are so easy to make and always a hit!
Make and share this Chinese Noodle Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (270 g) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 (270 g) package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup chinese noodles, broken into smaller pieces
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together.
- Stir in chinese noodles and peanuts.
- Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Let cool.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
I am reviewing but not rating. The noodle bars were good just like I remember them back when I was young. The instructions were most confusing. It says 1 pkg (270 gr) of each chocolate chips and butterscotch. All of the pkgs in my town were 320g or 340g. I decided on 1/2 pkg. each kind of chips and followed the recipe exactly. There was so much chocolate/butterscotch chip dripping from the noodles/nuts that I finally ended up using over 3 cups noodles with plenty of chocolate still just sitting there begging more noodles or something.
I love these treats!!! I first had them when I was in my teens and my oldest sister made them for me but called them haystacks. I made this as written although scaled it back to 1/3 of the recipe. I melted my chips in a glass bowl above simmering water in a pan. I added the 1/3 cup of peanuts and noodles and still had a ton of melted chips, so I doubled then tripled the 1/3 cup. The end result is fantastic blend of sweet and salty treats. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Holiday Tag Game.