Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's hard to find a simpler soup than this one, and my kids and their friends all wanted second and third helpings! It's from an authentic, home-style Chinese cookbook. My only change was to puree the finished soup.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons peanuts (the recipe said 'one handful', 2 T natural peanut butter would also work)
- 2 -3 slices ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- water, to cover
- Place all ingredients in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until peanuts and sweet potato are tender.
- Discard ginger slices, whirl soup in blender, and serve. Cilantro garnish would be pretty.