Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
An old favorite from my childhood.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (1 lb) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In skillet brown hamburg with onion
- Drain grease.
- Add water, celery and mushrooms.
- Cook until celery is tender
- Mix soy sauce with corn starch and stir into mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Drain and rinse bean sprouts and add to mixture along with spices.
- Heat through.
- Serve with rice or chinese noodles.