1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
princess buttercup's Note:
A request for Chinese Chicken Stock. From the book The Frugal Gourmet Cooks Three Ancient Cuisines: China, Greece, and Rome by Jeff Smith.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the bones in a 12 quart stockpot and cover with water.
- 2On high heat bring the bones barely to a simmer.
- 3Do Not Boil (yet).
- 4Foam and scum will form.
- 5Again, do not boil.
- 6Drain the bones, discarding water, and rinse the bones in fresh water.
- 7Add 1 quart water per pound of bones (5) and ginger and rinsed dried turnip.
- 8Bring to a simmer and cook 1 hour uncovered.
- 9Strain the soup and discard the solids.
- 10Remove the fat by chilling and skimming off.
- 11Note: Dried turnip ball is found in Oriental markets and a must in making good Chinese stock.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken Soup Stock
Serving Size: 1 (4 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: