Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This gluten free recipe is great to use for Chinese stir fries calling for breaded chicken pieces like sweet and sour or sticky chicken. I also serve them to my young nephews who like them way better than the ones mommy buys at the store. They like to dip them in honey or ketsup. I like to dip them in a spicy coriander sauce.
- 4 -5 lbs chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup fine cornflour
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 cups potato flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground mustard
- 6 -10 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup black pepper
- Place the chicken pieces in a plastic baggie and add the Buttermilk. Marinade in the buttermilk for 4 to 24 hours.
- Next add the Cornstarch, Corn Flour, Rice Flour, Potato Flour, Ground Mustard, Salt and Pepper in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. In a separate bowl stir the Eggs and Sesame Oil, together to form an egg wash.
- First coat some of the chicken in the Flour mix; Second dip them in the Egg wash (add more eggs if needed); Third coat in the Flour mix for a second time. Place in a 350 degree fryer for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Do not crowd.
- This recipe can be cut in half to prepare a smaller amount of chicken. We prepare a large amount and freeze the pieces once cooked. To use frozen pieces deep fry for about a minute or place on a Pizzazz. These can be used as straight up chicken nuggets or used in stir fry for Chinese.