Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
From WW Simply Delicious. Per serving: 172 calories, 3 g fat, 13 g carb, 52 mg cholesterol. Any easy low-cal dinner that my family liked.
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄3 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili paste or 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄4 lbs chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Line the bottom of a large baking pan/dish with foil.
- Mix together the first 9 ingredients in a big bowl.
- Add the chicken legs and toss to coat well.
- Place the chicken legs in single layer in the baking pan.
- Spoon any remaining sauce over the chicken.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake in a 400° oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake about 20 more minutes or until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve chicken with sauce.
pretty good, but kind of too sweet for our taste. I will cut off the sugar next time. Thank you for saring.
I had two chicken leg quarters and for some reason didn't think it would be enough for all three of us so I added two chicken leg quarters that were already cooked. I just now realized I completely left out the scallions. I'm obsessive about cooking leg quarters so I cooked them covered for half and hour and un covered for half and hour. The picture looked so yummy that I made rice and broccoli to go with the chicken. As always when I use food.com for a recipe, the family LOVED it. The only substitution I made was a tablespoon of fish sauce instead of oyster sauce since, I didn't have any. I could have left it out and it would have been just as yummy. Thank you!
I absolutely love this recipe. I hand all the ingredients on hand, I am saving this one.<br/>I would use this with chicken thighs, wings and the legs. My family like the sauce so much that next time I will double it.