Prep 6 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a heavenly cookie. We cant stop eating them. Not sure where the recipe first came from , I got it freom our church cookbook.
- Sift dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in dates and nuts.
- Add eggs.
- Mix thoroughly and spread into a greased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 inch cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares or finger lengths.
- Remove to a cooling rack and roll in confex sugar if desired (I DO).
Very good. My DH loves these and kept on asking what in it. I used prune instead of dates. I couldn't spread the dough into 15x10 1/2 pan because it wasn't enough dough and I wasn't able to spread it that thin. One note though, I think the temperature of 375 is too high because it started to get too brown by 14 minutes. The next time, I will try to reduce the temperature to 325 or 350.