- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 red spring onions or 2 white spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 1⁄2 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley or 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the cumin and cilantro seeds into a small frying pan and heat gently for about a minute until just beginning to colour.
- Transfer to a mortar and grind until lightly crushed.
- Tip into a bowl.
- Add chilli, onions, garlic, butter, salt and herbs.
- Beat until evenly combined.
- Chill for at least an half hour in order to let flavour develop.
- The butter can be shaped into a roll and chilled for up to 2 days or frozen for several weeks.