Prep1 hr 10 mins
You can adjust the chill to suit your taste just reduce the quantity of chilli powder. I haven't tried this as yet but am looking forward to it. Prep time includes 1 hour marinating time.
- Place the chilli powder, sugar, paprika and salt in a bowl and mix together.
- Using rubber gloves, rub this mixture over the surface of the chicken pieces and set aside for 1 hour.
- Mix the barbecue and tomato sauces, orange juice and soy sauce together.
- Heat the barbecue or grill and begin to cook the chicken, turning frequently.
- When half cooked, brush generously with the sauce mixture.
- Brush again when the chicken pieces are cooked through, just before serving.
- Serve remaining sauce with chicken if desired.
I used 8 chicken leg quarters for the chicken pieces. I think this would be a great addition to my Once a Month Cooking plan as I can throw the chicken with the rub on it into the freezer and then defrost when I need it. I followed the recipe as directed using Bobbie Q sauce Bobbie-Q Sauce (Barbecue Sauce) for the barbque sauce, freshly squeezed OJ, and dark soy sauce. I ended up just baking the chicken in the oven as I couldn't get the barbque grill started by myself. My 7 year old gobbled up the chicken and thought it was great. The rest of us thought it was pretty good too. Thanks for posting!