Recipe by Leahferne
A quick and tasty alternative to enchiladas. Serve with sour cream, diced onions and salad for a complete meal.
- 20 corn tortillas, small and cut into squares
- 473.18 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 793.78 g can enchilada sauce, red
- 473.18 ml monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan pour the oil and set to medium high heat. I like to add a few popcorn kernels to tell me when the oil is ready.
- Once the oil is hot add the tortilla squares and fry till almost crisp.
- Turn off the stove and with a slotted spoon remove the squares onto a paper towel lined plate or bowl.
- While the oil cools shred the chicken and cheese.
- Empty out the oil from the pan and return the tortillas to the pan, spread the shredded chicken over the tortillas.
- Then pour the enchilada sauce over the chicken and tortillas and gently fold into each other till the chicken and tortillas are well coated with enchilada sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the mixture.
- Over medium-low heat allow the chilla quillas to heat through and the cheese to melt. Once the sauce is bubbling and cheese is completely melted your meal is ready to serve.