Chili With Roasted Garlic
- Brown ground beef and drain excess fat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the ground beef and saute until the onion is translucent. Add the Worcestershire Sauce.
- Add the garlic and olive oil. Mash the garlic with a fork. (I roast a bulb of garlic at a time. Just peel the cloves, wrap in aluminum foil, add a few drops of oil oil, and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. I store the roasted garlic in olive oil in the fridge.).
- Allow to saute for a minute or so. Add the kidney beans and tomatoes. I usually rinse out the tomato can for the water.
- Add chili powder, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (optional) to your taste.
- Simmer for ten minutes.