The name says it all! This makes a delicious and quick dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (roasted)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (more or less to taste)
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1Brown ground beef and drain excess fat.
- 2Add the onion and bell pepper to the ground beef and saute until the onion is translucent. Add the Worcestershire Sauce.
- 3Add the garlic and olive oil. Mash the garlic with a fork. (I roast a bulb of garlic at a time. Just peel the cloves, wrap in aluminum foil, add a few drops of oil oil, and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. I store the roasted garlic in olive oil in the fridge.).
- 4Allow to saute for a minute or so. Add the kidney beans and tomatoes. I usually rinse out the tomato can for the water.
- 5Add chili powder, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (optional) to your taste.
- 6Simmer for ten minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili With Roasted Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.5
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 603.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 17.4 g