Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
Verde is the Spanish word for green and there are green chillies in this casserole, Have I mentioned how well I like green chilies? Usually they are paired with chicken or pork, but here they are paired with beef to make a mighty tasty casserole. I found this recipe at Cook.com.
- 1 (7 ounce) can whole green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 6 -8 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Drain the chili peppers and slice. Brown the ground beef. Mix together the eggs, milk and flour.
- Layer 1/2 of the chilies in the prepared baking dish. Top with 1/2 of the beef, then 1/2 of the cheese. Spread the remaining chilies over the cheese, then the remaining beef. Pour the egg mixture evenly over all. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.