1/2 Photos of Chili Poblano Polenta
Hey Jude's Note:
This is a great side dish to grilled meats. If you're unable to find the Mexican crema, you can use creme fraiche or sour cream. This recipe comes from the Manzanilla restaurant in Ensenada, Mexico.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut roasted, peeled chilies into thick slices; combine chili, water and whipping cream in a blender; blend until smooth.
- 2Pour the mixture into a saucepan; heat to a boil; add the butter, salt and pepper.
- 3Slowly stir in the polenta; turn the heat to low and cook, stirring, until the polenta grains have softened, about 3 minutes.
- 4Serve with a dollop of the crema as a garnish.
- 5Note: to roast chilies, hold with a fork over a gas flame to blacken skin on all sides; place in a paper bag or bowl covered with plastic wrap until cool; remove stem, skin and seeds.
- 6You can also roast them over an outdoor grill.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Poblano Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.9
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 837.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: