Recipe by Simply Gourmet
This recipe was what Jennifer & Scott planned to make for Molecular Gastronomy Night. The original recipe is from Presentation Night (2006-May-13) with the only difference being foaming of the Lime Cream Sauce. The Chili - Lime Cream Sauce recipe from 2006 is shown here without details of the foaming. The sauce can be served with the same shrimp cakes that were paired with the sauce.
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped &, peeled
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature cut into 1/2 -inch pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in heavy small saucepan.
- Boil over high heat until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Add cream and boil until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Mix in chili-garlic sauce.
- Add butter, 1 piece at a time, whisking just until melted before adding next piece.