Recipe by mplsgirl
This is from Bon Appetit a couple years ago. It's pretty easy, and perfect for a summer dinner.
Top Review by LatinaAtHeart
So I had to make this because it has so many of my favorite flavors in it and it didn't let me down. The sauce is really light but still flavorful and the salad is pretty filling, which is a total bonus. This is a perfect summer salad but I would make it any time of the year. Yum. (Oh, and I used cilantro instead of mint).
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen corn, cooked
- 3 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cucumber, halved and thinkly sliced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 large avocado, cut into thin slices
- 4 -6 cups salad greens
- 2 tablespoons sliced mint leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the chili-garlic sauce, cumin, salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in large bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over high heat until hot. Add half of shrimp and sute until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate. Add 1 tablespoon more oil to same skillet. Add remaining shrimp and cook through. Transfer to plate.
- Mix corn, tomatoes, cucumber, and shrimp together in LARGE bowl.
- Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil 1/8 tsp pepper, sesame oil, soy sauce, and lime juice in medium bowl.
- Add greens, mint, and avacado to shrimp mixture in large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat.