Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from Bon Appetit a couple years ago. It's pretty easy, and perfect for a summer dinner.
Make and share this Chili Garlic Shrimp Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen corn, cooked
- 3 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cucumber, halved and thinkly sliced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 large avocado, cut into thin slices
- 4 -6 cups salad greens
- 2 tablespoons sliced mint leaves
- Mix the chili-garlic sauce, cumin, salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in large bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over high heat until hot. Add half of shrimp and sute until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate. Add 1 tablespoon more oil to same skillet. Add remaining shrimp and cook through. Transfer to plate.
- Mix corn, tomatoes, cucumber, and shrimp together in LARGE bowl.
- Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil 1/8 tsp pepper, sesame oil, soy sauce, and lime juice in medium bowl.
- Add greens, mint, and avacado to shrimp mixture in large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat.