Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For Zaar World Tour 2006. This recipe comes from the internet. Cape recipe page.
Make and share this Chili Garlic Chicken and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 225 g long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil or 1 tablespoon stir-fry oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 350 g chicken meat, stir-fry strips
- 1 bunch spring onion, trimmed and finely sliced
- 175 g mange-touts peas or 175 g sugar snap peas, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, to garnish
- Put the rice on to cook in plenty of lightly salted boiling water. It will take about.
- 12 minutes, so start cooking the stir-fry about 8 minutes before the rice is ready.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying-pan and add the chicken strips. Stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes, then add spring onions and mange-tout peas or sugar snap peas. Stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chilli-garlic sauce and cook for a further minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the rice, divide between four warm bowls or plates and pile the chicken and vegetable mixture on top. Garnish with chives and serve at once.
- Cook's note 1: Use a combination of white and wild rice for extra interest.
- Cook's note 2: If you can't find chilli-garlic sauce, add a crushed garlic clove to the stir-fry and use ordinary chilli sauce instead.
easy stir fry nice flavor .dee