For Zaar World Tour 2006. This recipe comes from the internet. Cape recipe page.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 225 g long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil or 1 tablespoon stir-fry oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 350 g chicken meat, stir-fry strips
- 1 bunch spring onion, trimmed and finely sliced
- 175 g mange-touts peas or 175 g sugar snap peas, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, to garnish
- 1Put the rice on to cook in plenty of lightly salted boiling water. It will take about.
- 212 minutes, so start cooking the stir-fry about 8 minutes before the rice is ready.
- 3Heat the oil in a wok or large frying-pan and add the chicken strips. Stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes, then add spring onions and mange-tout peas or sugar snap peas. Stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add the chilli-garlic sauce and cook for a further minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Drain the rice, divide between four warm bowls or plates and pile the chicken and vegetable mixture on top. Garnish with chives and serve at once.
- 6Cook's note 1: Use a combination of white and wild rice for extra interest.
- 7Cook's note 2: If you can't find chilli-garlic sauce, add a crushed garlic clove to the stir-fry and use ordinary chilli sauce instead.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Garlic Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.8
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 70.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: