Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
For Zaar World Tour 2006. This recipe comes from the internet. Cape recipe page.
- 225 g long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil or 1 tablespoon stir-fry oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 350 g chicken meat, stir-fry strips
- 1 bunch spring onion, trimmed and finely sliced
- 175 g mange-touts peas or 175 g sugar snap peas, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, to garnish
- Put the rice on to cook in plenty of lightly salted boiling water. It will take about.
- 12 minutes, so start cooking the stir-fry about 8 minutes before the rice is ready.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying-pan and add the chicken strips. Stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes, then add spring onions and mange-tout peas or sugar snap peas. Stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chilli-garlic sauce and cook for a further minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the rice, divide between four warm bowls or plates and pile the chicken and vegetable mixture on top. Garnish with chives and serve at once.
- Cook's note 1: Use a combination of white and wild rice for extra interest.
- Cook's note 2: If you can't find chilli-garlic sauce, add a crushed garlic clove to the stir-fry and use ordinary chilli sauce instead.