3 hrs 35 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
This recipe is off the web, by fran from chile, posted for the ZWT 7 tour of South/Central America. I have not tried this. This is a very popular classic Peruvian dessert served everywhere in Chile. Cooking time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla, and egg yolks in a saucepan.
- 2Place over medium-low heat and gently cook until the mixture thickens, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, about 30 minutes.
- 3Pour into a heatproof serving dish and set aside.
- 4Whip the egg whites with confectioners' sugar to stiff peaks.
- 5Spread meringue on top of milk mixture.
- 6Refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours.
- 7Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
Nutritional Facts for Chilean - Suspiro Limeno
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.9
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 96.1 mg
- Sodium 172.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 55.9 g
- Protein 11.5 g