Food is a perfect way to connect us all. :) This recipe shows how you can get to know another country's culture in the comfort of your own backyard.;) Recipe by Nirmala Narine, who is founder of nirmalaskitchen.com and cookbook author.Beter Homes and Gardens Magazine, August 2010 edition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 medium jalapeno chile, peppers stem removed and thinly sliced
- 2 small shallots, peeled and thinly sliced (or 4 green onions, white parts only, thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup diced green and red tomato
- 2 avocados, peel and seeded, coarsely chopped
- sea salt, kosher salt or salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 -6 kosher all-beef frankfurters
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 -6 hoagie rolls or 4 -6 hero rolls, split
- 1AVOCADO-CHILI RELISH:.
- 2In a bowl whisk together olive oil, cilantro, jalapenos, shallots, and lime juice.
- 3Gently fold in tomatoes and avocados.
- 4Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper; set aside.
- 5Prepare frankfurters as desired.- (We chose to grill them) over medium heat.
- 6In a small bowl, mix the butter and garlic.
- 7Spread butter mixture on the sub rolls.
- 8In a large frying pan or on a grill rack over medium heat, place the rolls buttered side down and toast until light golden.
- 9TO SERVE:.
- 10Tuck frankfurters in toasted rolls and top with Avocado-Chili Relish. Serve immediately. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 11*When working with hot chile peppers, wear plastic gloves or wash hands well after cutting; the peppers contain oil that may burn skin and eyes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilean-Style Hot Dogs With Avocado-Chili Relish
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.2
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 906.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 13.7 g