Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on the web when searching for uses for wonton wrappers.
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 8 whole green chilies (canned or roasted, seeds removed)
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese (cut into 1/2 to 1 1/2 inch strips)
- Cut whole chiles into strips.
- Place piece of chile and strip of cheese on each won ton wrapper.
- Fold corners in and dampen to seal.
- Let stand a few minutes.
- Fry in hot fat about 1 to 2 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned.
- Best eaten while crisp.
I can't wait to try this!!! Hopfully this week.
Thank you for a very good appy! These are quick, tasty. You can change the variety of cheese and heat of pepper to your liking, and the variations are endless. Thanks Cookiegirlandi! :)