I got this recipe out of Taste Of Home. It is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch rubbed sage
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's or Best Foods)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) envelope dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans, drain & rinse
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 10 slices bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Prepare cornbread as package directions.
- 3Stir in chiles, cumin, oregano and sage.
- 4Spread in greased 8 inch square pan.
- 5Bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick is clean.
- 6Cool completely.
- 7In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and dressing mix, set aside.
- 8Crumble half of the cornbread into a 9x13 dish.
- 9Layer with half the beans, mayonnaise mixture, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, bacon and cheese.
- 10Repeat layers.
- 11Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Cornbread Salad
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.4
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 898.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry ranch dressing mix