Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe out of Taste Of Home. It is delicious!
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch rubbed sage
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's or Best Foods)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) envelope dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans, drain & rinse
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 10 slices bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare cornbread as package directions.
- Stir in chiles, cumin, oregano and sage.
- Spread in greased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick is clean.
- Cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and dressing mix, set aside.
- Crumble half of the cornbread into a 9x13 dish.
- Layer with half the beans, mayonnaise mixture, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, bacon and cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
With one exception, this recipe was made as indicated ~ I cut the bacon back to 6 slices, but that's personal preference showing through! I also made 2 salads, each in an 8:x8" pan, because I was taking one of them over to a neighbor couple! Oh, yes, I also used a sharp cheddar! Anyway, this salad was well-received all around! I think you have a winner here! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]