Recipe by DragonFly2
These taste alot like Chik Fil A nuggets, but without the use of a pressure cooker. The peanut oil is essential....it helps with the flavor. Also, "Chicken base", if you don't know, can be found near the soups and boullions. I use one called "Better than Boullion". Base is essentially a very condensed broth...it's VERY salty, so don't add salt to this recipe when you pepper the chicken!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size nuggets
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup peanut oil, to cook in
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm up the lemon juice in a small bowl in your microwave (thirty seconds should do). Mix the base in with the juice and stir briskly to dissolve. Microwave another 20 seconds if needed to dissolve base.
- In a 9X13 glass baking dish or other long shallow dish, spread out your chicken nuggets. Pour the lemon and base mixture over the nuggets, tossing them to coat evenly. Pepper them and leave to marinate on counter for 30 minutes (cover with wrap).
- In a cast iron or heavy skillet, heat peanut oil over medium high heat.
- Wisk egg and water, pour into a large ziploc bag. Put flour into another ziploc bag.
- Take nuggets and shake in the egg bag, then in the flour bag, and fry in the peanut oil for about 6 - 8 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Drain on paper towels.