Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The slight sweetness of the maple syrup and earthiness of the walnuts contribute to the uniqueness of this salad. Recipe from LCBO Food and Drink magazine sring 2006 issue.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coarsely chop walnuts and spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake 5 minutes, stir then continue baking another 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Let cool.
- To make vinaigrette, whisk vinegar with olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Core and slice pear.
- Place chicory and pear in a large salad bowl.
- Toss with vinaigrette until leaves are shiny.
- Scatter with walnuts and serve right away.