The vegetables in this dish combine to make it very flavourful, although it is very simple to prepare. Aromatic and filling, this will surely please on a cool day!
- Fry garlic in olive oil in a large, deep frying pan.
- Add tomatoes. Gently break apart in the pan with a big spoon. Add chickpeas, salt and pepper, and chilis (if desired). Simmer on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally to evenly mingle spices with tomatoes and chickpeas.
- Boil water in a large pot with a lid, about a quarter full.
- Wash and chop pepper and kale.
- Add pepper to chickpeas pan.
- Add kale to pot of boiling water and cover with lid. Cook one minute.
- Remove kale from boiling water with tongs and add directly to chikpeas mixture, still in the pan. Stir everything together.
- Serve in pasta bowls (especially if you like the "juice" as we do!). Enjoy!