I clipped this recipe from a magazine a few years ago and finally tried it. My very picky DD liked this dish :). It would be good for brown bag lunches. Just pack the salad mixture into a separate sealed container and fill your pitas when you're ready to eat.
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (and rinsed)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup swiss cheese, diced (or cheddar, mozzarella, feta, etc) or 1 cup soy cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 3 pita breads, cut in half
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients, tossing to mix everything evenly.
- Spoon into pita pockets.
- For Vegan use the soy cheese option.