Chickpea Cracker Spread & Sandwich Filling
- Coarsely mash the drained chickpeas into a bowl. You want about 1/4 of it mashed at this point.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the celery
- Give a quick stir and continue mashing about 5 more times. Stir again and mash a few more times. Stir again. We're not making hummus here so make sure there are chunks of chickpeas remaining. Stir in the celery.
- For tastiest results, cover and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
- You can use it as is to spread on a sandwich, burger, crackers, on top of a salad, or whatever else you can think of. This is a very versatile and forgiving recipe so use whatever spices you want. You can use this recipe as a guideline and let your imagination take over.