Recipe by eknecht
My friend Jeff's favorite way of doing chicken for our casual backyard get-togethers. Great with a green salad, rice, and grilled pineapple rings.
Top Review by Bobtail
What a delicious recipe! I used chicken tenders as I keep these on hand and prepared the sauce as directed. It was raining today, so I used my grill pan and it worked perfectly. The bacon was done and the chicken was amazingly tender and moist. I loved the flavor of the basting sauce. This would be easy to adapt to bite size pieces and use as appetizers. Prepared in participation of My 3 Chefs. Thanks lizbits!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices lean bacon or 8 slices turkey bacon
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mustard, pineapple juice, and brown sugar in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Slice each chicken breast to create two evenly sized pieces from each breast.
- Wrap each chicken breast with a slice of bacon, and secure with a small skewer or toothpicks.
- Brush the mustard sauce over the bacon and the chicken.
- Grill over hot coals about 10 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with additional sauce.
- Remove chicken from grill when cooked through.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining sauce until boiling, then spoon over chicken to serve.