Recipe by steve12091209
I made this as a "cupboard surprise". It uses tinned peaches and I also added some fresh pineapple that was in the fridge. It came out so successfully that I am saving the recipe.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into 1 in cubes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans peach halves in syrup
- pineapple chunk (optional)
- 1 large onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 pint chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the onion into small pieces and place in a large saucepan.
- Crush the garlic and add to the pan.
- Add the olive oil and saute the onion and garlic with the oregano over a medium heat for two minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and continue to cook, browning the chicken.
- Add the peaches including the syrup and also any pineapple pieces.
- Bring to a boil and cook over a low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Add the cornflour to the (hot) stock and stir in a separate jug or mug.
- When mixed, add to the chicken and peaches and cook for a further 5 mins to thicken the sauce.
- Serve with rice.