Recipe by JeannaLW
OK, so I couldn't think up a good name. I came up with this on the spur of the moment and we all loved it -- even the veggie haters of the family ;) Amounts are approximate; I really just tossed everything in there, so adapt to your tastes! Oh, and if Broccoli Slaw isn't available in your area, sub shredded veggies of any type or just regular cole slaw mix (without dressing)
Top Review by Anastacey
I really enjoyed this recipe even though I totally forgot to add the italian seasoning. I was cooking in a hurry tonight. I love recipes that secretely add veggies, though these veggies aren't secret it's easy to fool someone who might not eat broccoli. I used whole weat flour to the dip the chix (I used tenders so they cooked quickly) in. I served it with roasted potatoes with thyme and a waldorf salad.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1⁄3 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (or three cloves)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet.
- Toss the diced chicken and flour together in a bag to lightly coat with flour, then shake off ALL excess flour.
- Cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until fully cooked and golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add another teaspoon of olive oil to skillet; add squash and garlic. Saute until tender-crisp.
- Add broccoli slaw and saute another minute or two.
- Add everything else, including the chicken, and cook until heated through, stirring frequently.