Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The taste of summer! Delicious eaten cold. (From a chicken cooking cookbook)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons ice cold water
- 450 g cooked chicken breasts
- 7 tomatoes, sliced,seeds removed
- 1 1⁄4 cups thick sour cream
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 beaten egg, for glazing
- Preheat oven 190°C.
- Make the pastry: put flour and salt in a bowl, add butter and rub until resembling breadcrumbs, add water and mix until the dough forms a ball, wrap in plastic and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Butter an ovenproof 20 cm dish, layer sliced cooked chicken and tomatoes almost to the top.
- Mix sour cream and pesto, season with a little salt and pepper, puor over chicken and tomatoes.
- Roll pastry in a circle slightly larger than the dish, place the pastry lid on top of the dish, brush with the egg and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden and crisp.