Recipe by Princess Pea
From Southern Living, Aug. 08. This looks good to me! If you have picky little ones, chop the zucchini and onion into smaller pieces to "hide" the nutritious veggies in the sauce. They recommend serving this over mashed potatoes for a hearty one-dish meal.
- 1 (22 ounce) packagefrozen mashed potatoes
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canfire-roasted tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut up
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with Greek seasoning. Cook chicken in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes on each side, or until done. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add zucchini and onion to skillet, and saute 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes, and cook, stirring often, 7-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in butter, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken over potatoes, spooning sauce over all. Serve immediately.