Prep 3 mins
Cook 32 mins
A very simple and easy chicken recipe to make.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot, no substitute
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar, - 10 year old
- Heat a large frying pan on medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Rinse thighs with cold water and pat dry with paper towelling.
- Season thighs with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken thighs well on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until thights are almost cooked through, depending on size, turning once during cooking.
- Add shallots, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until they soften.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and cook for 1 minute longer. Turn chicken to coat thoroughly.
- Serve chicken thighs with cooked rice and spoon sauce over thighs.
- NOTE: Although 10 year old Balsamic Vinegar is best, 6 year old also gives you a very good tasting chicken.
I was very sceptical about this recipe as the ingredient were too simple for me but hey, hey, hey! Thank you again, Uncle Bill! Very simple but very flavourful! I'll be trying more of your recipes! :-)
These turned out very nice....I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs, so I reduced the cooking time. Easy to make and eat....thanks for sharing!
I had some thighs, so I was looking for something easy and good. This was very easy and very very good! My 2 year old grandson said yum yum!