Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Spicy, sticky marinade perfect for chicken in the oven or grilled. Great to take on picnics.
Make and share this Chicken Thighs in Chilli Marinade recipe from Food.com.
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
For the marinade
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch cumin
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Mix together 2 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, 1 tbsp ketchup, juice of ½ lime, 4 tbsp olive oil and a pinch each of chilli powder and ground cumin.
- Remove 2 tbsp of the marinade then pour the rest over 6 chicken thighs and leave for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook at 400F for 20 -25 minutes.
- Mix chopped cilantro into the reserved marinade and pour over the cooked chicken.
This was an easy recipe to prepare. For my pinch I used 1/4 teaspoon each of chili powder and cumin. After baking there was only a hint of honey. I used chicken breast and they came out of the oven a little pale. I wonder if I could take the reserved marinade and brush the chicken with it the last 10 minutes of cooking to get a darker top on the chicken. Made for *Zaar Cookbook Tag 2009* game
I prepared this recipe for dinner, I used plain white vinegar and canola oil. We liked the marinade, next time I will add a teaspoon of chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, it wasn't spicy enough for our taste, a few shakes of dried chilies would make it even more so! I love cilantro, but did not have any fresh herbs on hand, definitely will next time. For those who like a mild, quick to prepare marinade this is perfect.