Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Spicy, sticky marinade perfect for chicken in the oven or grilled. Great to take on picnics.
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
For the marinade
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch cumin
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Mix together 2 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, 1 tbsp ketchup, juice of ½ lime, 4 tbsp olive oil and a pinch each of chilli powder and ground cumin.
- Remove 2 tbsp of the marinade then pour the rest over 6 chicken thighs and leave for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook at 400F for 20 -25 minutes.
- Mix chopped cilantro into the reserved marinade and pour over the cooked chicken.
This was an easy recipe to prepare. For my pinch I used 1/4 teaspoon each of chili powder and cumin. After baking there was only a hint of honey. I used chicken breast and they came out of the oven a little pale. I wonder if I could take the reserved marinade and brush the chicken with it the last 10 minutes of cooking to get a darker top on the chicken. Made for *Zaar Cookbook Tag 2009* game
I prepared this recipe for dinner, I used plain white vinegar and canola oil. We liked the marinade, next time I will add a teaspoon of chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, it wasn't spicy enough for our taste, a few shakes of dried chilies would make it even more so! I love cilantro, but did not have any fresh herbs on hand, definitely will next time. For those who like a mild, quick to prepare marinade this is perfect.