Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
An easy and pleasing taco casserole.
Make and share this Chicken Taco Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 -4 shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 16 ounces enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, for topping
- 1⁄2 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- Mix together Bisquick and milk and spread into a lightly greased square baking dish.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients except for topping in a bowl, then spread on top of Bisquick crust.
- Top with more cheese if you like and chips.
- Bake covered for about 30 minutes at 375°F.
- Broil for a few minutes for if you want the top cheese layer to be crunchy.
This was good, everyone liked it. Couple of things: 1) I had to double the Bisquick and milk in order to get it to spread across the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish; 2) I used 2 large chicken breasts and thought it was too meaty so next time I'll use about 1 1/2 large breasts (frozen Foster Farms brand from Costco) or 2 medium sized ones; and 3) I think it needed some more umph in terms of flavor, not sure what though. I used to use the Las Palmas mild flavor enchilada sauce but for some reason it is now too spicy for the kids so for this recipe I used a different brand and maybe that is where the flavor was lacking. This is a recipe I will make again but will tinker with it to get the taste to our liking.
I had precooked chicken in the freezer so this was easy to throw togehter. It was quick and easy to make and enjoyable to eat.
I made this for a BBQ get together that I was invited to. I did not use chicken breast shredded, but instead used 1 29oz can of already cooked chicken (which is pretty much shredded up anyway) and did not have enchilada sauce, so used 1 package of taco seasoning with 16 oz of water ,mixed. It turned out great and Mexicany. I loved the corn, it added to this cassarole. Everyone seemed to like it too! Easy to fix!