Recipe by Bev
No time for cooking? Try this wonderfully satisfying and flavorful stew made in your crock pot! I found this recipe in Eating Well Magazine.
Top Review by LillyZackMom
I prepared this, but used one of the big packs of thighs - had 9 in it I think. My husband doesn't like rosemary, so I subbed cardamom (same amount as rosemary). I didn't do the vinegar at the end. The stew was very good - except I found it too liquidy and fatty. I think I might remake it with chicken breasts next time. Thanks for sharing!
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into spears
- 1⁄2 lb white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 shallots, peeled and halved
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, wine, salt and pepper in a 6 quart crock pot; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low until the potatoes are tender, about 5 hours.
- Before serving, remove bones from the chicken, if desired, and stir in vinegar.