This is a flavorful way to use them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 large fresh mushrooms, cleaned (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1Remove stems from mushrooms; finely chop enough stems to equal 1 cup.
- 2Cook chicken with chopped stems and garlic in medium skillet over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink, stirring to separate chicken.
- 3Spoon off any fat. Stir in bread crumbs, green onions, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, egg white, ginger and pepper flakes, if desired; mix well.
- 4Preheat broiler; line broiler pan with foil. Brush mushroom caps lightly on all sides with remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce; spoon about 2 teaspoons stuffing into each mushroom cap.*
- 5Place stuffed mushrooms on rack of prepared pan. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 6Broil 4 - 5 inches from heat 5 to 7 minutes or until hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken-Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 26.1
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.1 mg
- Sodium 103.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g